Grandeur

Today I am grateful for my job and the people I work with. I am also grateful for the beauty of life that surrounds me when I pay attention.

Speaking of beauty, the "G" word of the day is grandeur. As one definition suggested: use the noun grandeur to describe something that is splendid or magnificent. I chose that definition to focus on, because so many others talked about grand, awesome, great, impressive. Such words can scare us away from the little things. And truly the little things and the brief moments are most often the examples of grandeur in my life.

Beauty and grandeur go hand in hand. Not the beauty plastered on magazine covers and peddled in all sorts of advertising. Deep, genuine beauty.

Moments of grandeur in my life:

-the few seconds when the sun comes over the horizon
-the way Oliver (our dog) stretches himself from head to toe when he gets up
-the sound of my son's laughter
-the wisdom shared by others in recovery
-taking a walk in the brisk cold with my husband
-the quiet of the early morning
-the feel of a warm sweatshirt
-the moment in a marathon when the finish line first comes in to view

What are examples of simple grandeur in your life?

Today I will look for the simply splendid and magnificent. I will pay attention.

Comments