Pilgrimage

Today I am grateful for normal blood work and my co-worker Judy who did a great job with a parent presentation last night. Thanks Judy!

Let's start the "p" words off with a little journey into the meaning of pilgrimage. The dictionary defines it as a journey to a sacred place for a religious purpose; any long journey.

The poet in me defined it this way on New Year's Day 2014:

Pilgrimage
It has been said
That each day is
A new beginning
But it is also
The next step
On this pilgrimage
Known as life

This journey to
The sacred places
Within each of us-
Hearts
Souls
Minds

Each day
Each moment
Allows us
Opportunities
To travel within
And find
Ourselves

Not a single
Destination
Rather an
Ongoing excursion
To find more . . .

More hope
Humility
Acceptance
Faith
Gratitude
Growth

More of our
True selves

My pilgrimages aren't of the religious variety. They are more of the spiritual variety. And gratitude practice helps me find the way to the sacred places within and all around.

Where are you headed on your own pilgrimages? Will gratitude help you find the way?

Comments

  1. Thanks Zita! I don't write as many poems as I used to, but I appreciate when one bubbles up and flows out. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment