Optic

Today I am grateful for safe travels over the weekend and the time we got to spend with Arthur and Alyssa and then Emily.

We (Darcy, Sam, and I) are also very grateful for the kind person or persons who cleared our driveway and sidewalk of several inches of snow we got while we were gone. We were pleasantly surprised and most appreciative when we arrived home yesterday. We already had a game plan to get to the shoveling right away, but how nice that we didn't have to. Thank you very much whoever you are!

Today's word is optic: of or relating to the eye or vision. Having working vision is one of those things that I too often take for granted. The way our vision works is really amazing. I try to protect my vision with eye exams, wearing my glasses regularly, wearing sunglasses when I should, keeping a balanced diet, and having eye protection when needed.

My working optic system allowed me to appreciate many things over the weekend:

-seeing family face-to-face (We hadn't seen Arthur and Alyssa since July and we hadn't seen Emily for a few weeks.)
-seeing snow fall (We drove in some on Friday, we walked in some on Saturday, and we drove in some again on Monday. By the way, thanks for doing the bulk of the driving Darcy.)
-seeing some new and some familiar territory as I went for solitary runs over the weekend (One in Illinois, one in Iowa.)
-seeing the changing terrain as we covered 1,000 miles and parts of four different states (Add Minnesota and Wisconsin to Iowa and Illinois.)

Today I will try to be more aware of what I see, how I see, and what a gift being able to see truly is.

Comments