Nap

Today I am grateful for the Hastings Breast Cancer Support Group meeting I was able to attend last evening and I am also grateful for the nap I got in yesterday afternoon.

That helps make my first "n" word selection nap. I am coming down with a cold, and I also started my work week with a long day at work on Monday that included an evening event. By the time I got home yesterday afternoon, I was exhausted. Sometimes a nap just sounds good, yesterday it seemed downright necessary. I was able to get that nap in and it sure felt good. When I woke up I had some energy to continue with the rest of my day. And maybe I can keep on top of this cold.

Naps differ over our lifetimes. In our infancy and toddlerhood, naps are part of a healthy routine.By the time we get to be school-aged, naps are harder to come by, but that's okay because we don't want them anymore anyway. Then in our teens, we may seek them out more again, especially after late nights.

There have been times in my adulthood where I thought I couldn't take time to nap, or that it was a luxury I couldn't afford. On some busy days, that still happens. But now I look for opportunities to nap. Yes, they are luxuries. Yes, I deserve them when I am able to fit one in.

Luckily, I can be a power napper. I don't need a couple hours to commit to one. Even 15-20 minutes can leave me refreshed and renewed.

We all deserve a nap when we need one. Even when we don't "need" one, it can still be a treat. Make time. You are worth it.

Comments