Perspective Via Frustration

Today I am grateful for two dates with my husband Darcy yesterday. First, a long training run date in the morning. Then, a dinner date in the evening.

Yesterday afternoon I had a run-in with my lack of computer skills. I was attempting to create business cards with my blog information on them. It shouldn't have been too tough. I made some progress, but had far more frustration. And then I got even more frustrated because of the time I had wasted. My husband, sitting in proximity and hearing a little swearing from me, suggested I take a break. Good idea Darcy! Thanks!

I took that break, figuratively took a step away from the computer and literally started thinking about gratitude and perspective. Sure, that little foray into frustration did waste some time, but I also learned a couple things about creating business cards. Sure, that's an hour of my life I won't get back, but I could have been doing far worse things-like drinking.

A little frustration was put back in perspective. It was still a really good day. We had a great training run, I got to take a nap, I got my daily hug from my son. Darcy and I still got to have our date night while Sam was at a youth group Halloween function.

It really is all about perspective and perception. Gratitude practice keeps them both much healthier.

Comments