Obvious Places-Musings By Steve Foran

Today I am grateful for rain gear to keep me dry and comfortable during another wet football game. I am also grateful for the other bloggers and writers I follow.

Steve Foran is one such person. He creates monthly videos surrounding the topic of gratitude. He's known as "the Gratitude Guy." That's my kind of person. He takes mundane, everyday events and has a way of turning them into insightful two-minute videos that allow us to look at our world a little differently. That's a key when it comes to gratitude. Cut through the clutter of our minds and our daily lives and get to what really matters--the gifts we are surrounded by.

Often, those gifts are obvious and overlooked. Our families. Our homes. Our health. And the list goes on. Gratitude practice has trained me to do less overlooking and more looking right in front of me. But it's a process and a skill I need to practice regularly. Steve talks about it in many of his videos.

Take a look at Steve's latest video here Steve Foran-Obvious Places.

Isn't that the way it goes? What we need is right in front of us.

He also includes an "Obvious Places Learning Guide" where he offers concrete actions to take to further pursue gratitude. He suggests writing gratitude letters and then following up with a phone call to the recipient a week after sending the letter. Great ideas. I have written over 20 letters, but I haven't done the follow-up calls. The key is being aware, present, and actively engaged in being grateful.It works. It really does.

Today I will look in the obvious places for the many blessings and gifts I have surrounding me. Thanks for your insightful musings Steve Foran! They are appreciated by many.

Comments