Veggie Burgers

Today I am grateful for my co-workers, both new and veterans I have known for years. I am also grateful for veggie burgers.

I am blessed to work with so many wonderful people and I look forward to the energy that will arrive with new students today.

People have come and gone where I work. It happens at every school, every workplace. Retirements, moving away, taking a different job elsewhere; these reasons and others mean I have had to say goodbye to some people I would have rather kept as colleagues longer.

New school years always bring this fact home. I am fortunate to have made the meaningful connections I have.

I have had a very full last few days, most of it good. Knowing it would be busy, I cut myself some slack in little ways and it helped. Yesterday was a day that was good to get behind me with work-related commitments and meetings. It will remain busy at work, but I will have more time to get some of the things done that I couldn't in recent days.

I was pretty much fried when I got home later yesterday afternoon. That's where the veggie burgers came in. They made for a quick and easy dinner before heading off to Sam's football scrimmage. Nothing fancy, just the frozen variety I can microwave. But they are tasty and satisfying.

Life's little bites and blessings.

Comments