Sing a Song

Today I am grateful for my job and the variety each day brings. I am also grateful for a cool morning and some time to sit and enjoy it outdoors.

Sing a song. I enjoy singing songs I like, but not around anyone else. I wouldn't want to subject them to that. When I am driving solo, or home alone, I have been known to belt out some good stuff. Haven't we all?  If you haven't, you should try it. It's liberating.

I can't help myself. Some songs, and the accompanying emotional energy, just seem to require singing along. Ringo Starr's "It Don't Come Easy" is one such song. It's good from start to finish and I have enjoyed it for the the 47 years it has been around.

Here's the official video.  My favorite lines include "Peace, remember peace is how we make it. Here within your reach. If you're big enough to take it." 

Big enough to take peace? One needs to be open and willing to find and receive peace. Amen to that!

It don't come easy. Some days, some moments, this life doesn't come easy. Other days, other moments, it flows with amazing grace. Keep singing through it all.

Comments