Next Message Please

Today I am grateful for cooler air and less humidity. I am also grateful for the other women in recovery who share their wisdom with me.

"The next message you need is always right where you are."   Ram Dass

I considered these words and the many ways I get messages. Voice mails, text messages, emails, other forms of social media I use to connect with friends and family like Facebook, Marco Polo and Voxer. They are easy ways to communicate and connect, but I am pretty sure Ram Dass wasn't talking about any of these avenues.

He was likely talking about the wider messages, the ones sent by the Universe if you will. In fact, too many messages and modes of delivery via technology can impede the true messages, block them from getting through.

Living gratefully is a sure way to be open to and more likely to notice these bigger communications sent by a more powerful force than a keyboard or phone. I often call this force the Great Spirit. Mine does seem to have good timing and profound messages.

A bird's song early in the morning reminding me that I share this planet with many amazing creatures.
Running into a recovery friend at the store or down the street, prompting me to keep my own recovery and emotional sobriety a priority in my day.  A favorite song randomly coming on the radio, bringing a good friend to mind so I can send her my thoughts and some positive energy.

When I pause in mindful gratitude, the messages come in the moment. They are simple, yet monumental. Everything is okay. Today is a new day. Take it one thing at a time Lisa. You are not alone. There is more good in the world than anything else.

Meaningful messages in troubled times for our world. Good messages that allow me to individually feel some peace and calm. I can add that to the collective. It's a message our homes, neighborhoods, schools, communities, countries, and world need more.

Right here, right now, there are many blessings to feed my soul, open my heart, and clear my mind.

Comments