Spiritual Infusion

Today I am grateful for my eyesight and the glasses I wear that make it even better. I am also grateful for a new day and a new year. I am thinking about the many people, some I knew personally some I did not, who were here to start 2017 but not to finish it.

This first post of 2018 is providing some random thoughts as a new day and a new year get underway.

"The way you come to fully appreciate the infusion of the Spirit is to more and more come fully into the moment, where this moment is enough."  (Ram Dass)

This moment is enough. This moment is all there is. This is the state of contentment and presence that I strive for. I am sometimes successful, and I appreciate that. Progress not perfection. Practice makes progress possible. Living gratefully and practicing habitual gratitude are continual infusions of spirit. 

The Great Spirit I seek and have faith in never lets me down.  When I pause to consider blessings, they are always there, right in front of me in this space and time. 

"And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."
(Meister Eckhart)

In these recent days of much summarizing of the year 2017 and even more talk of New Year's resolutions for 2018, I am drawn to the simplicity of Meister Eckhart's words. There truly is magic in the beginning of a new day. 

Watching the sun rise. Considering the coffee I am enjoying and the food that awaits. Comfortable in my warm house with my husband Darcy in the recliner next to mine. It's New Year's Day, but it is also just another day. And as long as I consider another day a hopeful thing, I will keep plugging along doing my best to love and live fully. 

To love and live fully though does not mean to be moving full throttle full time. My sister Danita captures this in the wisdom of her latest blog post:

2018

Thank you Danita! I will join you in your grand experiment. I hope to meander and amble more than I did in 2017, both in my physical pace and my mental pace.

Looking for spiritual infusion? It's right here, right now. 

Comments