Parents Night

Today I am grateful for the reassuring sound of our hot water heat coming on and for the ease in which I can go up and down steps. 

I am also grateful today for the wrestling program our son Sam has been part of since he was in the 6th grade. He is now a sophomore and on the Junior Varsity squad. Last evening was parents night, so we were acknowledged and introduced. 

Here's a picture of Darcy, Sam, and I from  last night:



Sam is closing in on his 16th birthday, getting a full-fledged license, more freedom and more choices.
It is an emotional time for his parents, I think especially his mama. I love being a mom, I appreciate the approach Darcy and I partner on, I love Sam for the person he is and the person he is becoming. These are pivotal years for child and parents. And they are passing quickly. I savor moments like this one above. 

That's my emotional rant for now. In closing, a big thank you to the Hastings wrestling program, especially the coaches who impress us with what we see as the proper emphasis on a high school sport and building up respectful young men. Also thank you to the other parents, the club that supports equipment, gear and other opportunities, and all the others who make the sport possible.


Comments