Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder

Today I am grateful for lamplight and peanut butter and jelly on toast. I am also grateful for a phone conversation with my brother Artie. 

A few days ago, I went into our local Target to look for a couple things I needed. I found those things, and also something else I wasn't looking for--this message on a shirt:



I was booking it through the infant and toddler section as a shortcut to the checkout lanes when these words on a little shirt caught my attention. Clearly the words aren't meant for the tiny wearer of this size of shirt, but for the people around the tiny person.

Tiny people, also known as babies, are a great place to start when looking for wonder. Pretty much everything about them brings a sense of wonder, from their little fingers and toes to their smiles and cries. 

Then we get older, we understand more, we experience more. Some of that is good, some of it is difficult. We may forget to be curious, forget to pause and appreciate the snow falling or a loved one laughing.

"Never lose your sense of wonder."  Today, I begin with this sense of wonder. Air to breathe. Eyes that can see. Food that tastes delicious. A good morning kiss with my husband. Feeling loved from within and without. 

It's a good start. I wonder what else I will notice as I strive to live gratefully in the hours ahead.





Comments