Playing and Helping

Today I am grateful for time with our grandson Leo over the weekend, warmer weather, and fruits and vegetables that I have always liked.

Leo spent the night with us Saturday into Sunday. Here is a picture of him sitting in his little rocker and enjoying the company of our dog Oliver.


Did you notice the Spiderman socks?  Cute. He is a bundle of energy much of the time, and that is a good thing. I try to help him channel it by getting his help in the ways I can. He likes to feed Oliver when it's time. He knows how to turn the humidifiers on and off for me, and to tell when the humidifier is full when we are refilling them.  He helped me unload the dishwasher. And we pulled a chair up to the sink so he could get close to the action of washing dishes the old-fashioned way too. 

He spent plenty of time playing with his farm and car toys too, hanging out with the guys. Darcy read to him and he hung out watching a movie with his Uncle Sam too. 

It is a lesson in mindfulness to have a little one assist in household chores. I appreciated it. It slowed me down and made me more aware of the little steps involved in many activities we do by habit. His willingness to help and his curiosity are things we certainly will keep nurturing.

Thanks for helping me pause and be more mindful Leo. Thanks for your help too! 

Comments

  1. yes I noticed the socks! made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an open and adorable face! Nice comments Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment