Post #1800

Today I am grateful for safe travels for family members in recent days, for milder weather and clearer roads and sidewalks, and for enjoying a well-made movie-"The Post"-with my husband Darcy last evening.

Two of those travelers were my sisters Zita and Ruth. They came up to watch Sam and his team wrestle on Friday evening and then spent the night. We had a nice visit, like we always do. As the Midwest contingent of the eight Holthaus sisters, I appreciate the times when the three of us can get together. I wish all eight of us could be together more often. Thanks for making the trip up Zita and Ruth! I appreciate it.

Today is a special day among my many blogging days. Today's post is #1800. It's fun to mark another century milestone. First, with a visual:
Image result for pictures of the number 1,800

And then with a list:

18 reasons to keep blogging:
1. The ideas keep coming.
2. I have some faithful readers.
3. Ease of being is a goal I aspire to. Writing helps me maintain some contentment.
4. It gives me a regular outlet to honor my writing.
5. The practice makes me a better writer, with much more room for improvement.
6. It has pushed me to utilize technology, programs, and apps I wouldn't have otherwise.
7. The writing to be shared with others helps me think of others.
8. The writing focuses my own gratefulness. It is gratitude practice in and of itself.
9. It gives me energy and endorphins just like exercise does.
10. It validates my truest and most deeply felt thoughts and feelings.
11. Let's be honest. I enjoy hitting that "Publish" button.
12. There is a wonderful connection in reading a heartfelt comment left, knowing 
my writing touched someone's heart after being inspired by mine.
13. The writing and publishing are done on my terms. Just mine.
14. I do much of my posting in the early morning quiet. It is my favorite time of the day.
15. It is an ongoing lesson in humility and acceptance.
16. I keep a personal journal as well, but these 1800 posts chronicle my life too.
17. It is estimated that there are over 440 million blogs online worldwide. Many bloggers 
start a blog and then it fades away. Though I can't find statistics on it, I know I am in a 
much smaller group of bloggers who have maintained regular posting over a substantial 
period of time. I am proud of that.
18. I was following my heart when I started this blog, and I am still following it.

Thank you to all of you who stop by to read! A special thank you to my most faithful readers.
It means the world to this writer. Onward!

Comments