What's in Your Frame?

Today I am grateful for my working senses, especially my sense of hearing this morning.

Consider this quote:

"We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny, but what we put into it is ours." 
(Dag Hammarskjold)

I am thinking of my sister Danita this morning. The frame of her destiny included her husband Roger getting early onset Lewy body dementia. He died early this week, after years of decline.

It has got to be one of the toughest experiences someone I love and care about has had to go through. A most difficult card to be dealt. But Danita has shown much grace and strength as she helped Roger maintain dignity and peace. And Roger showed her how to be present in the here and now. It was all he knew in these last months and years.

When I frame life in the here and now, mindfully present, I put better things into it. I handle things like alcoholism, a flat chest, cancer fear, a stressful job, and life's curve balls better. I find more joy and know more peace.

What's in your frame?  


Comments