Stepping Out and Stopping

Today I am grateful for mild weather and for the marriage my husband Darcy and I share.

I am sitting on my front porch on November 4 enjoying 55 degree weather with a projected high near 70 degrees today. It will soon end, but let's enjoy it while we can.

Enjoy life each day. Don't take yourself too seriously! I am very prone to that at times.
Thinking of my sister Danita and the overwhelming grief she must be experiencing, I am
reminded of what really matters. Finding peace in this moment matters. And it allows me to head into the next moment and into my day.

I am busy this morning with a full day ahead, but pausing is a priority. It needs to be a priority for someone like me who overdoes and overthinks.

This quote from Tara Brach tells me the same:

"Stepping out of the busyness, stopping our endless pursuit of getting somewhere else, is perhaps the most beautiful offering we can make to our spirit." 

Our spirits deserve these beautiful offerings. Step out and stop as often as needed today. 

Comments