Moment in Time

Today I am grateful for rest, writing inspiration, and enjoying watching the Iowa Hawkeye football team win their 12th straight game. Go Hawks!

Since Arthur's close call the other night, I have pondered how many close calls we all have. A matter of seconds or minutes, inches or feet, can make all the difference in situations that can either turn out really good or really bad.

Yesterday I was on the way into our local health care clinic with my son Sam. He had a really sore throat and slight temperature, so we thought it best to get a strep test (thankfully negative). As we walked toward the entrance, I noticed a man on the sidewalk to my left. He slowed, appeared unsteady and put his arms out to his sides.

I was already moving toward him, asking him if he needed help, and was able to help break his fall and steady him against a tree. Sam and I held him up as a couple just arriving got out of their van. The man came to help us and the woman went inside the clinic to get help and a wheelchair. The man was by himself and told us he was just leaving the clinic after having his chemo port removed. We helped him into the clinic and staff took him from there. We went about the business of our day. 

I hope the man is okay. I am grateful things were timed as such that we could be at the right place at the right time. If no one had been there, he may have fallen down hard and hurt himself, or hit the tree that we used to help hold him stable. Moments in time. Seconds and inches. Minutes and feet.

I am but a small part in this amazing stream of life, but my part matters. So does your's. So does everyone's. Let us honor and respect our own place in the universe and everyone else's too.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Have a good day!  


Comments