Seasons Change, Ice Forms

Today I am grateful to have a house to clean, and for the way that house feels with the soft glow of our Christmas tree lights and other holiday decorations.

We have had a really pleasant fall, with mild temperatures. Though some of the Midwest got dumped on with significant snow to start the weekend, we missed it. I am okay with that that for now, though I do enjoy snow when I don't have to drive in it.

Both Darcy and I appreciated clear trails and roads on our run yesterday morning. It was colder and more layers were required, but it was manageable. We got to see some of nature's interesting creations that form when seasons change.

The picture below is along the shores of the Mississippi River. I stopped to take it during our run. 


It took more than cold to create these icicles. It took wind to produce the waves that lapped up against the branch. It seemed fitting that these icicles look like a row of teeth, because that wind did have a bite to it.

The sting of the cold was lessened as I thought about running beside Darcy, of our health, the time together, the clothes we could afford that helped keep us warm. Seasons change, but there is gratitude to be found in each. 


Comments

  1. Like the photo and commentary. Gratitude softens the bites of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Aileen--gratitude softening the bites of life. Gratitude practice takes the edge off the pain. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment