It's All Relative

Today I am grateful for time with our grandson Leo last evening and for a better pace at work.

Yesterday it was relatives and friends I wrote about. Today it is that well-worn phrase "It's all relative."

It all depends on how you look at things. We each have our unique perceptions and perspective.

All I know is that I used to hate myself and what I saw and felt looking back at me in the mirror.
Many things and many supportive people have helped change that for me. Recovery from alcoholism and a better relationship with a God/Higher Power have been crucial in my transforming view of self and surrounding world.

If I had to point to just one thing that stands out in my journey of self-acceptance, in this excursion to find a better view of myself and the world around me, it would be how gratitude practice has changed how I look at things, at myself, at you, at the rest of the world.

It's all relative. And the relatively simple practice of gratitude is actually quite profound when it comes to creating healthier perceptions and perspectives. Quite profound when it comes to acknowledging our own worthiness and the worthiness of everyone else, everything else. 

Comments