The Simplicity of Keeping it Simple

Today I am grateful for air to breathe, sunshine to take in, and my five working senses to enjoy all that surrounds me.

Sometimes it really is just about keeping it simple. Simplicity is a word I need to get more familiar with. I need to practice using it. Here is some practice right now. I woke up early and several things started spinning in my brain. That happens to many of us in the middle of the night doesn't it? Sometimes I get up to write myself a couple notes so I can hopefully fall back to sleep. Other times I just get up and start doing what needs to be done and I find some comfort in that. At other times I can actually fall back to sleep. Sometimes it is a mixture of all of these.

This morning is one of those mornings. So I am keeping it simple, keeping my post short. I make time to say some prayers and write in my gratitude journal each morning. Those are my key actions when it comes to starting my day right and giving things a gratitude focus. On most days, a blog post gets written too.

But there is nothing wrong with keeping it simple, keeping it shorter. I need to remind myself of that when I am in this mindset. And there will be many other times today I can remind myself to keep it simple, I can ask myself how to weave in more simplicity and save my energy for what really matters.

Let's help one another keep it simple today.

Comments