The Gift of a Loving Thought

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and our marriage. I am also grateful for new hope that comes with new days.

Gratitude is a worthy source of hope. When I can see some good, even at difficult times, that gives me the energy to move through the challenge and return to a better place. Gratitude practice also helps me keep perspective and think of others. That keeps me out of my own head, which can become a clutter and get me stuck in a rut if I am not careful.

This is the quote in my gratitude journal today:

"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give."  (George McDonald)

When I actively practice gratitude, it often includes the appreciation I have for the many people in my life who make a difference in big and small ways. Some days I am the one who needs their support. On other days, I am the one who can offer the strength and hope to help them. We help each other in sorrow and we share with each other in joy.

Gratitude practice gives me regular opportunities to send loving thoughts and prayers to others in my life. That in turn increases my own appreciation for them and for this day. It really can be that simple.


Comments