Thanks To The Beautiful People

Today I am grateful for recovery from alcoholism and the relationships I am blessed to have with other people in recovery.

I got to spend some time with a few such folks yesterday and I really appreciated it. I have been quite busy; caught up in a long to-do list and behind on rest. There are many good things happening. It's not like the things making my life hectic are negative things. That in itself makes me grateful. But it still wears me out.

So I have been out of balance, off-kilter. I have been feeling like the proverbial "hamster on a wheel" or "dog running on linoleum." A lot of energy is being dispensed, but there's always more to do. I have lost perspective, forgotten to pause, slow down, keep my priorities straight. Those priorities include daily work on the daily disease of alcoholism.

The friends I got to see yesterday reminded me of my priorities. They are truly beautiful people. The light in their eyes, the smiles on their faces, the heart and soul they pour out in their words. We laughed. We talked about balance, grace, self-discipline, change.

And as one friend so aptly put it: "Let's try not to get swallowed up by life." Pause. Just pause.

Perspective regained. Thanks to the beautiful people! You know who you are.

Comments

  1. I'ts great that you got to connect with such beautiful souls... never forget to take the time to be good to YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very wise friend shared with me a "nugget" I carry daily...Let Go or Be Dragged....Thanks Lisa, YOU are a beautiful person :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment