A Trip Down Memory Lane

Today I am grateful for sweat and endorphins. I am also grateful for a nice evening last night to watch Sam's first baseball game of the season.

My husband Darcy is a native South Dakotan, so this weekend we took the opportunity to return to the area where he grew up. We hadn't been back there for some time. There is no one to go visit, only graves. We did pay our respects at the cemetery, and we did drive past the farms where he lived. The place where he spent the first 10 years of his life is now an empty farm place with just one barn standing. That is hard to see. I am grateful I have my anchor, my roots that I can still see, visit, walk through.

As we drove on Saturday, our satellite radio provided us another memory. The "Top 40" countdown from April, 1983 was playing.Thirty years ago, both Darcy and I were in our last weeks of high school. "Come on Eileen" by Dexie's Midnight Runners, "Let's Dance" by David Bowie and "Jeopardy" by the Greg Kihn Band were some of the familiar tunes we appreciated hearing.

It was a literal and figurative trip down memory lane.

What do you appreciate down your memory lane?

Comments