Gratituderty

Today I am grateful for the flexibility others exhibit, and I am grateful for my job.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma.

Today's post is another word to add to our family gratitude vocabulary list. This one is courtesy of my sister-in-law Elaine. The word she contributed is gratituderty. This is added to the list which contains gratituding, gratitudeness, gratitudinal adjustment, and gratitunity. You can read about the previous words here. 

Elaine combined gratitude and liberty to create gratituderty, because of the liberty that comes from being grateful for what a person has and experiences. She was framing it from the perspective of a significant change in her job situation.

Gratitude is liberating isn't it? Instead of feeling trapped in "not enough," I am freed by what gratitude teaches me-that I truly have "more than enough." Gratitude allows me to keep more of an open mind, to be accepting of life on life's terms. That liberates me from some of the fear and worry and gives me positive energy to proceed.

My husband and I watched the movie "Silver Linings Playbook" this weekend. It was good and it was thought-provoking. Silver linings played out in unexpected ways. Life has a way of doing that. Even in difficult times. Especially in difficult times. Gratituderty was evident in the movie too.

Practicing habitual gratitude allows me to better notice the silver linings and to simply better notice the daily gifts I receive.

Thanks for the addition to our vocabulary list Elaine!

Comments

  1. Speaking of "framing"... just as I was reading the words you all have created and before you wrote this "framing it from the perspective...". I had a mental image of each of the words written boldly, with the definitions written just below each word, each displayed in individual frames.

    I'm random like that so I thought I'd share it with you. lol

    I love your ever growing Gratitude Dictionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that mental image. Words matter and inspire don't they? We are having fun with our dictionary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment