Review, Re-view

Today I am grateful for the weekend and time to slow down the pace I keep during the week. I am grateful for my family and friends and the unique qualities they all bring to this world and to my life.

I am done reviewing the "17 Points of Clarity" and thought you might like to review the complete list one last time. Which ones stood out for you? Why?

17 Points of Clarity
1. All any of us have is today.
2. For me, fear of the known is less than fear of the unknown.
3. Having to consider my own mortality helps me cherish my life.
4. Gratitude is a good pair of glasses to wear. It makes everything look better.
5. Laughter is always possible.
6. I can live without my breasts. Just don’t take my heart and soul.
7. Endorphins are free and very effective.
8. You can’t beat having a friend by your side.
9. Faith and a pen can trump fear and despair.
10. An open mind allows inspiration in.
11. My body is just a vehicle. The life in it is what counts. But I take care of both.
12. Drink lots of water. Then drink some more.
13. Three words . . . keep priorities straight.
14. My husband is a blessing in so many ways.
15. Children and pets are great teachers.
16. Life isn’t always fair, but it’s still precious.
17. All any of us have is today.

As I typed review, I realized that re-view is what gratitude allows. A different look at a situation. A better take on a day that offered challenges. An enhanced view of the little things too often taken for granted.

Nancy over at Nancy's Point blog had a beautiful take on snowy days in her recent post. It's called "Snow Globe Days" and you can read it here. Thanks Nancy!

Have a good day! Clarify what matters.

 

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa, I think the one that stands out the most for me is #17. "All any of us have is today." So true, so profound, so comforting too somehow. I'm often very guilty of worrying too much about the future and over-thinking the past. Thanks for this reminder to treasure the moment - thanks for the entire list. And thanks for including a link to my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Nancy! We did get some more "snow globe" days didn't we? It takes real practice for me to stay present in this day, this moment. But it sure allows for more peace and serenity when I can do it. Onward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment