Just For Today (Point #17)

Today I am grateful for the music I love and working ears to hear it with. I am grateful for my eyes, to see the beauty created by nature and humans.

We have arrived at point of clarity #17: "All any of us have is today."

Point #17 is purposefully the same as Point #1. It's that important. Stay present.

I came across this TEDx talk/film by cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg titled "Gratitude." It is a wonderful wrap-up to my "17 Points of Clarity." It is about 10 minutes long and contains amazing time-lapse photography as well as the wonderful voice and words of one of my favorite "gratitude gurus"--Brother David Steindl-Rast. Watch it here.

For now, I will leave you with some of the words spoken by Brother David in the film.

"You think this is just another day in your life. It's not just another day. It's the one day that is given to you, today. It's the only gift that you have right now, and the only appropriate response is gratefulness. If you learn to respond as if it were the first day in your life and the very last day, then you will have spent this day very well."

Comments