Gathering Gratitude

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to give my first public presentation about gratitude to a local church group. I am grateful for the chance to gather and organize my thoughts about the role of gratitude in my life.

I am also thankful for my sister Zita. It is her birthday today. Happy Birthday and thanks for being you!

I have spent hours in the last weeks preparing for this talk; first in my head, then on paper and in a PowerPoint, and most recently practicing the talk out loud. Commutes to and from work and when I am exercising have been good times to practice.

Practice. Practice gratitude. Habitually.

Putting this talk together has afforded me the opportunity to gather together the wealth of thoughts and feelings I have about gratitude and what it has meant in my life. It is amazing and humbling to me how I got from hating myself and having a pretty negative perception of myself and the world around me, to where I am today. I accept my reflection in the mirror, I have a confidence I never had before, and I have a less cluttered, more present mind and soul. Gratitude reminds me that I am surrounded by blessings and gifts that don't need to come wrapped in packages.

I am both excited and nervous for my presentation this morning. Onward.

Gratitude is truly an ongoing process. It pays the best dividends when I tap into it regularly.

Gather gratitude. Today. Begin or continue. Either works.

Comments

  1. Lisa, you did an amazing job this morning at Mugs and Muffins! I thoroughly enjoyed your talk, so inspirational and faith-filled. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I love the idea of practicing gratitude every day. It is the little things in life that become big! God bless your daily walk. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret,
    Thank you for your kind words and for being there this morning. It was an honor to speak to your group about gratitude and the grace and humility that come with it. The best to you as you continue your own gratitude walk as well.Onward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment