Seasoned Soldiers

Living gratefully today, I am noticing our dog Oliver's kind eyes after his recent haircut and also noticing how the uncertainty of March 2021 feels far less crazy than the uncertainty of March 2020. 

Disrupted and Interrupted is my post from one year ago today. Here are some lines that especially struck me this morning:

"Let's be kind and gentle with one another and ourselves as we each individually try to weather our own emotional turmoil. And as we collectively support one another through the upheaval that is impacting each and every one of us. Individual stories are happening, but so are global stories. It is important to honor both in ourselves and one another."

"When the heaviness comes, as it will at times, just breathe through it. Do what best helps you unburden. For me that includes fresh air, walking or running, putting pen to paper to let emotions flow out instead of stagnating and stinking up my heart, soul, and mind."

"I am feeling that heaviness this morning. I am angry at the level of disruption this is causing to the people who mean the most to me, and to me and the plans I had for this time. I am human and selfish. Name it and claim it Lisa, then move on." 

Be kind and gentle with ourselves and one another. Honor our own and each other's stories. Just breathe. Unburden so stagnation doesn't lead to stinking thinking. Name and claim feelings, allow them expression, regroup and proceed. 

None of us knew last March what this past year would hold. We are pandemic soldiers, marching on in our fight against COVID-19. Not yet veterans, but so much more seasoned than we were a year ago. Onward! 

Comments