The Moon Understands

Today I am grateful for recovery connections that are helping me through these pandemic times, and for the snowshoeing Darcy and I got in yesterday after work.

The moon in the morning sky was on my gratitude list in yesterday's post, and then this "Word for the Day" from gratefulness.org showed up today: 

Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. 
The moon understands what it means to be human. 
Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.
(Tahereh Mafi) 

I had never thought of the moon as analogous to humans, but Tahereh Mafi says it so well. The ups and downs of humanness. The ongoing transformation underway in each of us. Days when I am beaming. Days when I fade into the wider background. 

Cratered by imperfections, the moon is still beautiful and so are you and I. There will be dark days, but the light always returns. There will be lonely regrets and second-guessing, but out of the doubt comes faith.

The moon as source of awe. The moon as source of understanding. 


Comments