Tending Seeds

Today I am grateful for those who joined me last evening via Zoom to talk about "tending seeds."  I appreciate what each brought to the gathering and what our time together gave me in terms of reflection and grace.

One of the resources we enjoyed was this song:

PLANTING SEEDS: A Song of Life | Empty Hands Music

It's an upbeat song on many fronts. The music, the images, smiles, lyrics, flow. Seeds are resilient. It takes time for the fruit to arrive. The roots, though usually not visible, are the crucial source of nourishment. Seeds don't grow without help from Nature. Humans can help or hinder the process.

We do the same in our own lives. Carefully tend seeds, nurture them, have patience and acceptance, appreciate everything from sprouts to blossoms and fruit. Or we try too hard to rush what can't be rushed. We think we can control outcomes when we really can't. We grow impatient and plow seeds under, sometimes right before a growth spurt.

How will I tend the seeds in my life today? This spring? This next year? How can I help you tend and nurture your seeds?  We can each bring sunlight and acceptance to water and fertilize possibilities. 


 

Comments