2600 Opportunities

Today I am grateful for the beautiful moon that filled me with awe as I went for a walk at dusk last evening. I am a tiny part of an amazing Universe. It humbles me in a good way. 

Two recent milestones on this blog give me a reason to also pause in humility.  I wrote the very first post here nine years ago, officially taking the plunge into blog territory on March 27, 2012. Just a few weeks ago, the number of posts published on Habitual Gratitude surpassed 2,600.  

One word at a time, one post at a time, one day at a time, this writer has discovered plenty about the world around her and the world within her. 

Thanks to blog-to-book services, this picture captures what nine years of regular blogging looks like in print. 


There's plenty a picture cannot capture though. On some days, I wrote with a full and thankful heart. On others, I wrote from a deeply painful place. It was with clarity I wrote many posts, but with muddled mind and heart other posts made their way to fruition. Each mattered and each got me here to a healthier sense of self. 

When it comes down to it, the content in this pile of posts has led to contentment in my life. It has helped me slog through challenging times and to tap into more joy. 

This is not pie-in-the-sky toxic positivity, this is hit-the-pavement each day, mistakes, flaws and all, and finding grace in gifts given freely. No bows or wrapping paper needed, just open eyes and heart. 

Thank you to all who stop here to read these words. You each matter too. Onward! 

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Congrats on nine years of blogging! You've been at it almost as long as me! haha Count me as one of your fans. I appreciate your words and your style. Your authenticity always shines through. I also appreciate your commitment to the writing process itself. Thank you for being a fine example.

    And 2600 posts! That's a lot of posts! Here's to many more. As you said, one word at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I appreciate sharing the blog world with fine writers like you. Keep writing!

      Delete

Post a Comment