19 Gratitudes After a Year of COVID-19

Today I am grateful for the sound of wind chimes, the feel of cool morning air, and the sight of streets and trail lit for safety. My senses help me stay present and provide awe. 

Let's kick off the one-year-later version of "19 Gratitudes to Counter COVID-19." 

1. People I love have survived COVID in pretty good fashion. This includes our son Sam, some siblings, my mom, extended family members, and friends.

2. The many takeout meals we have enjoyed and the creative approaches for family meals that some of our local restaurants came up with. Energy has gone to so many different things this year, so an easy and tasty meal is appreciated even more. 

3. Vaccines! I got my second dose yesterday. No slow moving line this time. In and out in about 20 minutes. Thank you to all who are making these possible. Tomorrow my husband Darcy gets his first dose, and next week my home state of Minnesota opens up vaccines to anyone 16 or older. 

There are times I don't wish to be in a herd. This isn't one of those times. Herd immunity is key! Please join this growing herd. 

That's a good start. What is on your list? Write it down. Share it. Pause in gratitude for each thing as you note it. Have a good day! 

Comments

  1. Yes, we have traveled many roads, some with success, others with rough stones and falls. I built a cairn to express my gratitude today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment