Messengers of Many Kinds: Gratitudes 4 -11

Living gratefully, I am appreciating the clouds as they roam across the chilly morning sky and the simplicity of oatmeal for breakfast. 

Picking up with round 2, one year later, of "19 Gratitudes to Counter COVID-19," here are a few from the last several days, taking the list up to 11: 

4. A meeting with a grateful parent. We noted her child’s progress over the last 3 years and she shared sincere appreciation for my support of their family. 

5. Less than an hour after feeling pride about that meeting, I ended up feeling guilty when a fellow driver made it clear he didn’t like me taking a quick look at my phone at a stoplight. 

6. I thanked my Higher Power for that 1-2 punch (or should I say 4-5 punch?) and the reminder to keep my ego right-sized and in check. 

7. Shortly after, I appreciated a phone call with a recovery friend who could listen and laugh with me as I related the stories of numbers 4 and 5. 

8. Right after that phone call, I made a stop at our local bookstore and had the chance to speak with a man, also a cancer patient, and sign a copy of April In Pieces for him before he purchased it. 

Messengers of many kinds come my way every day. These first five came in less than two hours. I miss many messengers, but the Universe makes up for what I miss. 

9. By the middle of Friday afternoon, my vaccine reaction had me feeling pretty crummy. I sat down to read and rest, and felt much better a couple hours later. I went with my husband Darcy yesterday morning as he got his first shot. We both got Moderna, a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine. Send those messages to our cells and help keep us healthy. We are so grateful!

10. Saturday morning writing... it reveals me to me. I am my biggest mystery. 

11. Saturday morning run... nature’s solace and hope. 

Messengers of many kinds. When I am paying attention, I receive more. 

Comments