Small Sparks and Upward Spirals

Living gratefully today, I noticed the stars in the early morning sky and paused in awe.

Sunday’s post about the knife-edge of uncertainty and downward spirals is today's potential to spiral upward.

These words are from one of my favorite writers on gratefulness on one of my favorite websites on the topic as well: 

Word for the Day 10/25/20 from www.gratefulness.org:

"In each of us there is a spark that can reverse the trends of violence and depression spiraling within us and in the world around us. By setting in motion the spiral of gratefulness we begin the journey toward peace and joy."  

Brother David Steindl-Rast

Even on tough days, when the gratitude is maybe a trickle and certainly not flowing strong, I think I can still manage a spark. 

Smiles and greetings are sparks. Pauses and silence can spark. A helping hand makes a difference. A little self-care can go a long way. Even one step up in an upward spiral can change our perspective and renew our hope. 

What will my thoughts and actions help set in motion today? 


Comments