Frost, Fog, and Litter

Today I am grateful for family time, fresh air, and fall colors. 

On my early morning run yesterday, I stepped out into a frosty and foggy morning. It didn’t take long after the sun came up for the frost to melt away and the low-lying fog to lift.

If only the frosty divisiveness of my nation’s political landscape could melt away so easily. If only my brain fog, a complication of COVID and menopausal times, could lift so quickly.

As I ran near a parking lot, I also noticed some litter. It was clear evidence of partying and partiers in the area. My mind went to frosty beers and foggy hangovers. It went to the litter left behind by the disease of alcoholism. 

Alcoholism clutters the heart, soul, and mind of the afflicted. It drops debris in the way of connections and relationships with family and friends. Alcoholism leaves behind foul odors and rotting hopes and dreams. 

The litter of unlimited libations. Garbage in, garbage out. Along comes sunshine to melt the frosty heart, time to bring clarity to a befuddled brain. Along comes recovery. A day at a time. 

Comments