In a Room, for a Moment

Today I am grateful for the many pictures displayed in our home that help capture the rich blessings in our lives. 

In my efforts to take more pauses in my day, I sometimes walk into a room and intentionally stop, look around, and consider the things in that room that bring gratefulness to my heart. I often type my blog posts sitting in our family room at our computer desk. In front of me is a framed picture of a butterfly that my aunt sent me and that was displayed at my sister Mary Jo's memorial. 

Butterflies symbolize transition, change, rebirth, new beginnings. 

If I look to my left, there are a couple pictures of our dog Oliver from his younger days. To my right, I see family pictures that span the time of our son Sam as a little boy to our grandsons as toddlers. Behind me are pictures ranging from my parent's wedding photo from 1950, Darcy and I from 1998, and our grandsons as newborns. 

In another spot, our most recent marathon medals hang near pictures of Darcy and I on the courses of our last marathons. 

I looked around a room for a moment and felt the heart of history, mine and others, course through me. I give thanks for photographic images that keep the memories vivid. 


Comments