Muster

Today I am grateful for the music of Seals and Crofts, particularly "We May Never Pass This Way Again" as I listen to it this morning.  

Muster. I have written hundreds of posts here, but I am pretty sure I have never written about this word. 

The English language, any language, is an amazing thing to behold. So many words, so many meanings.

Muster has multiple definitions. Bringing troops or other people together in preparation. Gather together. Collect or assemble. Or the little known reference to a group of peacocks. 

(from FreeImages.com)

But the definition I am going for today is this one: to summon up a particular feeling, attitude, or response. It's a Friday of another busy week. Can I muster energy to approach the day ahead?  It's a trying time for our world in the midst of COVID-19 surges. It's an unsettled time in my country as we near a crucial election day. Can I muster hope to keep me moving forward? Can I be a contributor and not a contaminator?  Can I muster some gratefulness to help with all the things I just listed?

The answer to all these questions is YES!  Or, perhaps, a more subtle yes today. Muster some appreciation for what I already have and some motivation to explore what lies ahead in these next hours. 

And I close with a fitting quote today from www.gratefulness.org

"We don’t know what life will bring, so it is what we bring to life that matters." 
(Patricia Campbell Carlson)

Muster up folks! A new day awaits. Like the peacock, spread your wings and share your beauty. 





Comments