One. One by One. One at a Time. One.

Living gratefully today, I am savoring cooler air and the slower pace of a holiday. 

We are celebrating Labor Day in the United States and I am thankful for each worker, one by one, that helped bring me my morning coffee, the electricity that worked when I flipped a switch, and the trail I walked on with our dog Oliver. 

One worker at a time runs the economy. One day at a time runs my recovery from alcoholism. Any more than one day at a time and the fleeting gifts of peace and presence fly the coop. 

This blog brings my thoughts on living gratefully one word at a time, one post at a time. A quiet nod today to post #2500. The milestone matters less. The ongoing writing matters most. 

One stride at a time, this runner completes a short 3-miler, or one of the several marathons I have been blessed to both start and finish. "Forward is a pace" is one of my all-time favorite marathon route signs, and not a bad way to approach a day. 

One fleeting moment of one hummingbird stopping by to amaze me. 

Hopefully just one pandemic in our lifetimes, but we don't know. One by one, we do what we can to prevent and mitigate, to support one another. One day at a time, we get closer to getting through this challenge. 

One heart, my own, now knows me and loves me more deeply. In recent months, I stopped doing so much counting and started doing more savoring of the moment.  The numbers don't drive me like they used to, rote and rigid. Rote and rigid is no way to live, but it is a way to kill the grace and glory in the here and now.

One heart, my own, is warmed from within. One little shift here, another there, became wider transformations. One life, my own, heals. Onward!

Comments