Location, Location, Location

Today I am grateful for reruns of shows like "Mom" and "Sex in the City."  And I appreciate the recovery wisdom I see and hear from others on this shared path. 

On my run yesterday, I took a tour past three locations that hold significant meanings and plenty of emotions for me. Here in our community, not too far down the road from our house, and within minutes of each other. 

Location, location, location. The first has long been a source of strength, hope, and fellowship. The second a more recent focal point, and significant springboard to transformative work. These first two are chapters in my story. 

The third is the stadium where our son Sam played three years of high school football. It is where we saw his team win "the last on the grass" his junior year and the "first on the turf" to begin his senior season. It is where his high school graduation would have been, given nice weather and normal times. 

Yesterday marked a month since we dropped Sam off at college. There have already been significant concerns and challenges he has made it through in that time. That we as parents have also weathered and managed from 200 miles away. There have been numerous texts, phone calls, and FaceTine chats to keep us all connected and informed. 

I miss my son. Painfully so at times. But usually it's more the dull ache of missing him while feeling more comforted by the assurance he offers and shows. Comforted that his college days are taking place with some sense of normalcy. 

The connections this mother has with her son are evolving but solid. The miles between are no match for love and heartstrings. 

The few miles I ran yesterday morning, fueled by lasting memories and hard work, took me past three locations and brought me close to what matters most. 

Comments