A Color Palette Like None Other

Living gratefully today, I am taking in what my five senses and a few moments of pause provide. And I am amazed.  I also give thanks for recovery connections in these trying times for us all. 

There are many things I love about fall, and the colors of the season are high on the list. Just as I love the colors of spring and new life, I love the colors of fall, signifying the end of a cycle or an upcoming period of rest and dormancy. 

Daylight lessens and the leaves stop making chlorophyll, which is what causes them to be green. Once that happens, the other pigments are revealed and we are treated to yellows, reds, and oranges. A picture can't fully capture Nature's splendor, but I did take these yesterday morning in an attempt to show a color palette like none other. 

I won't dishonor these photos with filters and editing features on my camera to heighten the colors and make them pop more. I will let them be what they are. Real. True. Experienced by my husband Darcy and I as we rode by on our bikes. Just because we can filter and edit any picture we take doesn't mean we should. 

As some would likely point out as they read this, I already devalued the moment and the colors when I stopped and took photos. Guilty as charged. Yet, I will appreciate the photos when the landscape becomes more drab and gray before snow brightens it again. 

More importantly, I will continue to take time each day to walk outside and partake of the palette of colors showing themselves at any given time. We as humans are brighter and more brilliant some days compared to others, and so is Nature. Every day, though, life of the human and non-human varieties deserve full dignity. 


Comments