A Fall 2 x 2

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the changing seasons and my five senses. The latter allow me to fully experience the former.

Fall arrived yesterday. My favorite season is here. It arrived a bit loaded with trepidation in terms of the global pandemic and the tough fall being predicted. The next months will be telling in many ways. How bad will it get? How well will we come through the cooler temperatures and more indoor time? 

I will continue to do what I can to be personally and socially responsible. I will exercise caution, wear my mask, keep my distance, and limit contact.  

And I will fully embrace this lovely season for all that it offers. Sitting on our front patio in the early morning, here is part of my view:


It seems fitting to multiply my gratitude for this season with a 2 x 2:

I appreciate fall for:

1. The smells that present themselves:  the crisp air and the harvest are unique to this time of the year. 

2. The colors that emerge: the yellow and red leaves already evident, and the greenery changing to brown tones.

Together, the array of smells and colors invite me to spend time outdoors, to pause and take in a tree that looks different than it did a couple days ago, to enjoy the apples and squash of the season. 

In the natural world, faith and hope reside. We will need both to get through the challenges ahead.

What do you enjoy most about fall? 


Comments