Blog Breaks, Breaks in Blogs

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the power of music in my life. It started at a young age, and continues. Songs are often the gateway to tapping into my emotions.

I plan to start taking more blog breaks, even if short ones. My goal will be four to five posts a week.  I may also be doing more re-posting of previous posts, or portions of posts. That is a time-saver, but it is also a process this writer needs. What is already here? What does previous writing spark in me in this moment?  How have I transformed as a writer and an evolving person?

It is also a good practice for this sometimes rigid overachiever. I have learned some flexibility in my nearly eight years of blogging. And in the pain of complacency in recent years and my efforts to get unstuck.

Thank you to all my readers, and especially those faithful since early on in "Habitual Gratitude's" history.  There will still be plenty of new material, and you can always join me in perusing some of the earlier hundreds of posts that are here.  Use the menu button in the upper left corner of the web version to access archives by month and year. Or use the search button in the upper right corner to search posts by key words or phrases.

There are blog breaks, and then there are breaks in blogs. The short paragraphs and lines between. This is my natural writing style, and maybe stems from the poet I am. But it was also a recommendation I came across as I pursued blogging. It is easier for the reader and they are more likely to read such a post. One can get lost in a long paragraph.

It also allows the writer to emphasize key points that could otherwise be lost. And emphasize gratefulness that could also be lost.

This writer likes the frequent breaks in each post. It flows. It brings me along as the writer. Hopefully, it brings readers along too.

Along to the close. Today's close includes the mention that I will be taking a blog break into early next week. It also includes a wish for each of you to find gratefulness in intentional pauses and breaks of your own today. Onward!

Comments