And Welcome . . .

Today I am grateful for the beauty of fresh snow and sunrises, for the playful nature of grandsons, good food, family. I am also grateful for an early morning connection with my friend and fellow writer Jenny.

Welcome 2020 and the new decade. Happy New Year to all! It's another source of common ground for our planet. It's a holiday we all share, just like we share smiles and tears. We have far more in common as humans than we do different. Look for the similarities and compassion tends to sprout.

Welcome to this new day. It's all we get, and it is more than enough when I immerse myself in it fully.

My husband Darcy and I went snowshoeing yesterday and fully enjoyed the exercise, fresh air, and natural beauty. It was a pleasant way to close out the year and decade.


This morning, the first sunrise of the new year and decade looked like this from our picture window. The reflection of our Christmas tree offering itself as a reminder that the holidays are passing and the clarity and direction I worked hard to attain in the last year has arrived.  I need to get to work. Good work. I look forward to it, just as I look forward to the opportunities of each day.


I love many words from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Here are a few to close with, like we are closing out one year and beginning another:

"Finish every day and be done with it. For manners and for wise living it is a vice to remember. 
You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them
as soon as you can. To-morrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely, and with too
high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."

"Up again, old heart."

Comments