Proud Native Iowan!

Today I am grateful for our dog Oliver and his reminders to me to stretch after sitting for a time and to not take myself too seriously. Thanks Oliver.

I am also grateful for my dad, Arthur, on this day, his birthday. His legacy lives on in his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We miss you Dad and we thank you.

And speaking of Dad and family, I am a proud native Iowan this morning, in the wake of my home state topping U.S. News and World Report's list of this year's "Best States." Read about it here.

Image result for Images for Iowa #1Image result for Images for Iowa #1


(Please note Cyclone fans: I am not necessarily partial to the Hawkeyes, but these were the images I found first in my Google search.)

I spent my first 33 years as an Iowa resident and I will always be an "Iowa girl" at heart. I am feeling pretty good about my current state of residence too. Minnesota was right behind Iowa at #2.

Iowans and our state have been the brunt of many jokes and redneck references, but we don't mind because we know the truth. Iowa is a good place to live.

I am thinking about Dad, Mom waking up in the nursing home this morning, and my 12 siblings, mostly centered in Iowa, but also living in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and me up here in Minnesota. You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and in my celebratory "Way to go Iowa!"

I am grateful for the rolling hills of northeast Iowa and the natural beauty and family love that reside there.




Comments

Post a Comment