Nothing But Blue Sky

Today I am grateful for a nice dinner out with my husband Darcy last evening and for good luck finding some needed items when I was shopping.

Itching for both a run and some fresh air, I layered up yesterday morning and headed out in the near-zero temperatures. It was a most welcome run. I retuned home invigorated, and also a little frosty.

It was a beautiful, clear blue sky morning. It got me thinking about the "nothing but blue sky" cliche we hear. Below is a bona fide picture of nothing but blue sky. I took it after my run, standing in our driveway.


Blue has long been my favorite color. Yesterday's early morning sky was a deeper blue that became a little hazier and some light clouds moved in as the day went on. Some days the blue sky remains from dawn to dusk, and some days we don't see blue at all.

I don't kid myself that it will be "nothing but blue skies from now on."  But I do appreciate the blue when I see it, and like I had to do yesterday morning in my driveway, I can change my perspective to get back to the blue. Power lines and tree limbs could have ended up in the picture, just like negative thoughts and complaints can show up in my mind.

A little shift in location, a little shift in how I am looking at things, and a healthier outlook, more blue skies, return.

Comments

Post a Comment