"I like your coat."

Today I am grateful for friendly wrestling parents to visit with at matches and for the many flavors and varieties of yogurt available.

We made a stop at the grocery store last evening for a couple of things, and the young woman who rung up my items said "I like your coat."  I said something about liking it too, and that it had convenient pockets. She said she had one like it but had outgrown it. She was looking for a new one like it.

I have been looking for a new coat too, as I have had this one for several years. It's a good quality Columbia jacket and one of my best finds at the now defunct local consignment store. I haven't had any luck finding a suitable replacement, so maybe I will just hang on to this one through another season.

I was thinking about this coat as I arrived home and hung it up in our closet. It joined numerous other jackets, sweatshirts, and coats that we have hanging in there. I arrived at a place of feeling deeply blessed. Blessed by my favorite coat and all my other options. Blessed to be able to keep myself warm in the winter elements and return to a warm house too.

Blessed. As my sister Danita recently wrote "Blessings in, blessings out, or curses in, curses out."

Today I will strive to count the blessings. Onward!


Comments