Winter Solstice

Today I am grateful for my friends in the Hastings Breast Cancer Support Group and the years of survivorship that we have among us. I am also grateful for the changing seasons.

Today is the winter solstice. The shortest day of the year for those of us north of the equator is here.
Our planet Earth revolves around the run on a titled axis, so this time of the year we get less exposure to the sun in the Northern Hemisphere, while the Southern Hemisphere gets more.

Just to ponder the magnitude of Earth, the sun, our solar system. Just to consider how this spinning and orbiting all work. These alone remind me of our humble insignificance in it all, but also of our significant role in the time we get to exist in human form. How can I make a difference today?

I have always enjoyed the changing seasons. I appreciate living where we get the full gamut of weather. I can say that I am ready for the light to start building back up again.

Nature's light will grow in the coming months. How can I spread and share my own light in
the hours ahead?

Comments

Post a Comment