Old Sun, New View

Today I am grateful for a feeling of coziness in my house, and for the forgiveness of my husband and son when I vent loudly.

I got to check out our brand new health clinic in town yesterday for a routine appointment. It has been open for about a month. A nice looking building inside and out, it sits on the west edge of town. It has two floors and I was in the waiting area on the second floor.

This was my view as I waited:


That time between daylight, dusk, and darkness. Between light and dark. This old sun never stops treating us to spectacular and one-of-a-kind sunsets each day. Different vantage points. Different skies. Different seasons. They all lend themselves to awe.

The sun, our sun, is just 4.5 billion years old. That's 4,500,000,000. I'm a mere 52. Ten decimal points to my two. That is a humbling thought.

A thought that causes me to pause and consider the fleeting nature of our days. To pause and relish in this present moment. To live and love gratefully.

I will be taking a blog break over the weekend. See you back next week. Have a good day!

Comments