Two Legs, Three Wheels, Four Legs

Today I am grateful for beautiful weather to enjoy as we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, and for connections with family members via various modes of communication.

Legs and wheels are on my gratitude list today, as is gratitude shared by others in recovery.

Two legs that carried hundreds of us through the downtown and along the river of our community for a Thanksgiving tradition known as "Gobble Gait." It's a run/walk fundraiser for our local food shelf and family service. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the event and we were happy to be part of it. All three of us ran it, including Sam with some of his wrestling teammates.

The three wheels are on the tricyle that our grandson Leo was riding yesterday afternoon. It's a new trike with an old-fashioned look, reminding me of the one we had when I was growing up. We enjoyed the sunshine and pleasant temperatures as he peddled down the trail, heeding my caution of "not too fast."

And then there's the four legs on our dog Oliver. He joined Darcy and I on an early evening walk, and as always we enjoyed his lively participation in the day's events. When food is being prepared or eaten, and when little Leo is around, Oliver's energy ramps up. He can be a little pesky, but I appreciate his health and enthusiastic nature.

Gratitude flowed from the start of the day to the end of it. I tried to heed my own caution--not too fast. Slow down and enjoy.

I will be taking a blog break for a couple days, returning early next week. Have a good day and enjoy a pleasant pace.



Comments