Playful Pup

Today I am grateful for work perspective gained from years of experience. I am also grateful for the challenges my job presents. I learn and grow from them.

This morning I am also grateful for our dog Oliver. He is nine years old and a senior citizen, but we still often call him pup, Mr. Pup, or Oliver Valentine if he's being naughty. He's a playful little cockapoo and this morning he wanted to play.  He likes his chew toy, which somewhere along the line we started calling his "teddy bear."

Here he is this morning with it:


It's a little tattered and he's ready for a new one. But we aren't ready for a new pup, so we hope Oliver has several good years left in him. I like to say that we grew up together, Oliver and my post-cancer self. He came into our lives just weeks after my cancer diagnosis in 2008. He has been a treasure ever since.

He reminds me to stretch after sitting for awhile. To let the people I love know that I love them, even when they may have ignored me for a bit. To take a few moments to give attention to who and what matters most to us each day, throughout the day.

He reminds me not to take myself too seriously. A lesson I need on a regular basis. Playful pup takes on serious Lisa and puts me in my place, the right place, a place of gratitude. Thanks Oliver!

Comments

Post a Comment